You might find the following useful if you are doing the job yourself
Pre painted surfaces
Walls and ceilings-
- Surfaces hand and machine sanded. Machine sander is connected to a vacuum to reduce dust spread.
- Stress cracks (generally found above doors and windows) taped then 2 coats filler
- Other imperfections filled then sanded smooth
- Filler spot primed
- All corners caulked
- Paint applied with de-nib and second fill between coats
- Surfaces hand and machine sanded
- Damaged areas repaired using 2 pack filler
- Corners caulked
- 1 coat primer/undercoat
- 180g Sand till smooth
- Paint applied with de-nib between coats
Generally wood work is completed first which is then masked off then ceilings and walls completed. This creates perfect lines between wood work and walls.
Flooring and furniture will be protected on entry, floors vacuumed on completion.